5041 7th Road South, #T1
Arlington, VA 22204
To apply my skills and experience in education and information technology
toward the goal of a sustainable, just, and democratic civilization.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 25+ years experience teaching high school computer science, information
technology, and mathematics using a constructivist approach
- Co-founder and worker/owner in the
NOVA Web Developmnet web
design and development cooperative.
- Active leader and participant in numerous Free Software and
Free educational materials projects
- Co-author of free textbooks, and author of numerous articles and
teaching materials on the use of free software in computer science
Graduate courses in Community College Education and Geographic Information
Systems at George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, 2013 to 2018.
M.S. in Computer Science, Bowie State University, Bowie, MD, May 2003
B.S. in Mathematics, University of Maryland College Park, College Park,
MD, May 1991
A.S. in Computer Science, Northern Virginia Community College, Alexandria,
VA, August 1986
- 2009 - present: Northern Virginia Community College
- Adjunct faculty member in information technology and computer science.
- 1996 - present: Arlington County Public Schools
- Teacher of mathematics and computer science, including intro and advanced
placement programming, system administration (GNU/Linux), and SQL.
- 1991 - 1996: Prince George's County Public Schools
- Teacher of mathematics and computer science. Taught geometry in the
summer academy. Built a computer science program at Forestville High School,
including intro and advanced placement courses.